The associate will manage ground-up real estate development and rehabilitation projects and will be responsible for due diligence analysis, acquisition, project planning, permitting, contract negotiation, value engineering, scheduling, coordinating with contractors and sub-contractors, quality control of contractors and subs, budgets, cost management, project accounting, construction quality management, from project inception through sale.
WHAT SETS US APART:
- We control the full lifecycle of a project from land acquisition up until sale of the final product. We are heavily involved in the design, permitting, architecture, property management, project management, marketing and sales processes.
- Instead of focusing on a few large projects, we have a diversified portfolio of 15 – 20 active projects in various sizes at any given time.
- After hundreds of millions of dollars of exits, and dozens of full cycle transactions, we are proud to say we still have not lost money on a single deal. That is truly unique in this industry!
- Our size is large enough to be able to tackle several hundred million-dollar projects and small enough to not be bogged down by red tape and hierarchy; we can make critical decisions in a matter of hours.
- As a result, our team members gain exposure to full, 360-degree view of real estate development lifecycle. We genuinely believe that there is no better place to learn residential and mixed-use real estate development.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project manage and supervise the development of real estate acquisitions
- Coordinate with capital debt providers, banks, and other financial institutions
- Model each potential project, analyze comps, create scenario analysis under different economic outcomes, present recommendations to General Associates
- Work independently and with the General Associates to take our projects from concept to final product
- Work with junior project managers, architects, engineers, lawyers and designers on the design and permitting process
- Plan projects phases, needed consultants, and execution timeline
- Negotiate contracts with general contractors, consultants, and suppliers
- Work with the management team and legal team to prepare execution of contracts, and other legal and transaction documentation
- Work with design teams and junior project managers, help them create goals and budgets
- Value engineer projects in order to control cost and maximize returns
- Prepare financial materials for limited associates and other internal meetings related to projects
- Manage projects schedule, budget and expenses
- Monitor construction progress, construction quality and timeline
- Quality control final product and manage final punch-list
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong financial modeling
- Desire for ownership and decision-making
- Strong quantitative skills
- Results driven
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ambitious and highly motivated
- Initiative and adaptability
- A team player with a strong work ethic
The perfect candidate would have a top tier MBA degree, experience in real estate development/construction project management, but more importantly a true passion for real estate. Our fund is a start-up like, flat organization with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and high commitment to excellence. The role is multifaceted with opportunities for developing a 360-degree view of the real estate industry.
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. We offer competitive compensation, defined benefit plan profit sharing, 401K with employer matching, PPO health and dental care, and other benefits.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter.