Position: Project Management Intern
We are a San Francisco based real estate development firm and registered private equity investment fund seeking a full time, project management intern for summer 2020. We are looking for someone who is self-sufficient, a great multi-tasker, hard working, and ambitious.
- Support to Project Management team in any way needed. This includes project progress photos and project visits, obtaining quotes and bids from various vendors, working with the designers of projects, scheduling deliveries, and more.
- Assist the Project Management team in keeping 15-25 projects organized and know the status of a project at any given moment
- Attend project progress meetings and maintain project progress calendars
- Meet with the Project Management team 2-3 times a week
- Management of multiple rental properties (both long term and vacation rentals). This includes but is not limited to tenant repairs, coordinating cleaners, screening potential tenants, check-in emails, calendar management, and more.
- Maintenance of all project files with plans, permits, invoices, budgets, etc. These files are both physical and digital
- Miscellaneous executive assistant tasks: managing contact database, calendars, appointments, and event organization
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN BY WORKING WITH US:
- You will have a great exposure to how a private equity real estate firm is structured and managed
- You will learn how a home (or building) is created from ground up: foundation, framing, sheetrock, paint, interior design, etc. You will learn all the details about home building
- You will slowly learn design
- You will learn the entire ecosystem of what creates a beautiful home. You will enter into the world of General Contractors, architects, designers, City of San Francisco (and other counties) planning and building departments and more
- You will become an excellent project manager if you have the organizational skills, ambition and willingness to take ownership
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- You have a bachelor’s degree from a good college and a few years of work experience (Does NOT need to be relevant experience)
- You live in San Francisco and you have a car
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and technologically savvy. You are familiar with online rental platforms (Airbnb, VRBO, etc.)
- You MUST be able to juggle multiple projects at once
- You have excellent follow through skills!
- Ability to anticipate change and consistently meet deadlines in dynamic environment
- We do not require weekend or after hour work, but must be available in case of an emergency at one of our properties
- You are extremely detail oriented and are able to multi-task
- You are eager to find a company to fully commit to and grow with
- You work well under pressure and in fast paced environments
- You have great people skills and you are fun to be around
Please provide your resume and a cover letter.